1999 September 01
Plan for the year: "Queen of the Night".
A
"Deep breath. Rock the stage. Be calm. You feel superhuman." I told myself and stepped on the stage. From that moment on, my mind was blank.
I could see. I somehow see the crowd. Boys and girls in clothes of different color. The jury was in front of me.
I could hear. I heard the noise coming from the everywhere. Then, came the music. Knew it's my time now. The time to take a deep breath, to sing from the top of my head. Be the queen of the night. And so I opened my mouth but there's no sound. So I knew what to do with the lowest of my self-esteem. I went back to backstage. I left and the music was still playing.
B
"So this is what I saw that night, in the concert hall of the school. The crowd was so noisy that night, I tell you. But you couldn't help. Blame them on stage. They really suck! So when it came to the final one, the crowd went even wilder. But for me, I treated him so a final hope to the night. I could tell from the song he chose.
Then he came to the stage. Like everyone else, he's nerves. From his shaking legs, you could tell! When there came the music, all of a sudden he left the stage! You know what? I think that was a joke he made! You know his song? It's 'Diva'!"
C
"I was there waiting for the final touch of the mark sheets from the jury. And he…he just stood there. He was like looking at something that existed in some other dimensions. When the music came he didn't sing. Then I looked at the stage, he's already leaving. I think the crowd was shocked. I heard a wave of silence and they started giggling again. But the jury didn't. The mark sheets were ready right away!"
______________________________
The idea was to write a story of this boy who like to sing and Whitney the Diva a lot. So when it came to his final high school's year, he determined for at least this one time he had to be the Queen of the Night.
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Lousy Draft One
Posted by
養海葵
at
9:56 AM
Labels: Queen of the Night
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment