“Pull over,” said Doc. Kenney.
“Be gentle!” said Mike.
“Say so if you feel any pain.”
“Okay.”
“Doc. Kenney, your call. Mrs. Taylor on line 1,” said the nurse from the intercom.
“Tell her I’ll call back.”
“She said it’s an emergence.”
“Fine! I’ll be right back, Mike.”
While Doc. Kenney rushed to the back room taking the call, Mike kept lying on the bed, face down, motionless.
“Sorry. Let’s get started. You alright?” said Doc. Kenney, right at the second he push the door open, rushing back to Mike.
Doc. Kenney pressed along Mike’s spine, starting from his neck and then gently moved down, deliberately sensing every inches, not missing any of its surface possibly. First he’d use both of his hands. He posed with his thumbs crossed like kids do when playing shadow game projecting a butterfly on the wall. He’d pushed a bit to see how Mike feels it. Wherever he felt Mike instinctively reacted to pain, he’d change position, using the other four fingers, somehow knocked a bit like some making a beat, somehow sensed even more deliberately.
“Here?” he’d ask.
“Yee-ah,” and Mike would response. Then he’d remember and move on.
“Okay. Now you can get up,” said Doc. Kenney, returning to his desk and started writing records, while Mike was slowly getting up, putting back on his shirt which was like having been washed for some thousands times.
“Like the last time, Mike. I warned you. That position. Are you still doing that?”
“Yes, I…Sometimes. I’ve tried to avoid. But that brings the greatest pleasure! You know that?”
“No, Mike. You’ve got to stop. Not once more, you hear me? This could cause even more serious injuries!”
“Yee-ah…” said Mike very softly trying to avoid taking any breath to talk, while he was getting down from the bed with his hand putting at his back like a pregnant did.
“Mike, do not ever again read on you bed. But a decent chair. Sit up straight! This time I’ll give you some pain-killers. And you have to wear a corset, for like two weeks. It should recover in two weeks. And I’ll see you again in two weeks, okay?” Doc. Kenney talked while he’s busy doing his paper work and in the end,
“Take this to the nurse.”
______________________________
To try to play with suspense in a scene.
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Posted by
養海葵
at
11:04 PM
Labels: Doc Kenney
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
This is good. I like how you keep the reader guessing. You might want to work more in bringing out the characters, especially though the dialogue. There seems to be the potential for an interesting situation here. I look forward to seeing how it will develop.
Post a Comment